Friday, July 13, 2007

Travelling with a dog

Soo, I'm pretty lucky, John thinks it's important I travel to experience new things. So sometimes I get to go on vacation. I've never been on a plane because Kate thinks it's too dangerous and not fair since I might have to spend a lot of time in a crate once at the destination.
I've been on the ferry a few times to go to the Sunshine Coast. John and Kate like to rent a cottage right on the ocean where I get to roam free. I love it there, because I get to swim and be outside off-leash the entire time!! I even got to go on a small boat and watch John fish. But it got too hot, so Kate made me a little fort so I can get shade, and watch the small fish used for bait swimming around in a bucket. There's one other small cabin on the property, but we've been here three times so far, and have had no problems with me running free. Right now they're looking for other properties in Sechelt they can rent for the weekend that are completely secluded.

I also get to go to Seattle a lot for the weekend. We always stay at La Quinta using the weekend impulse rates. So usually around 59.99, then Kate goes shopping at the premium outlets and Nordstrom Rack. I get to walk around the premium outlets, and if it's not hot, I wait in the car while they look for stuff in Nordstrom Rack. There's some awesome dog parks in Seattle that are completely gated. I'm going to post all the good ones next time!

My favorite place to go is the Oregon Coast. I love watching all the kites and running around the
beaches. Some of the beaches have tons of people and dogs, but some of them are very quiet and secluded. I like to stay in Lincoln at the Looking Glass Inn, and then driving further south (but not as far as Newport) and just go to one of the secluded beaches.

JP (the cat) never gets to come with us. I'm not sure why. I think maybe Kate and John need JP to watch the house.

I'm very excited because next week I get to go camping. In a tent! I've never done that before. Kate's afraid I'm going to bark a lot whenever I hear something strange and keep all the other people at the camp awake.

No comments: